How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? CBC search is on
The search to find Canada's Maria von Trapp begins Jan. 15, 2008 with a seven-city cross-country audition tour. It culminates in the CBC Television series, How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?
- Toronto | CBC TV Toronto Glen Gould Studio | Jan. 25
- Montreal | Delta Hotel Montreal | Jan. 28
- Vancouver | Pacific Palisades Hotel | Feb. 1
- Calgary | University of Calgary | Feb. 3
- Winnipeg | Victoria Inn & Conference Centre | Feb. 4
- Halifax | CBC TV Halifax | Feb. 8
- St. John's | CBC St. John's | Feb. 9
The show will follow the "Marias" as they endure rigorous auditions, training sessions and honest evaluations. The role requires acting ability, singing ability and stage presence. Prospective Marias will need to show the nation their "favorite things," and how they can be a nun-in-training, a governess, a will-o-the-wisp and a singing sensation.