Canada : Best destination for 2008
The Specialty Travel Agents Association (STAA) has issued its list of best destinations to visit in 2008.
No surprise that Canada is in the mix.
1. Alaska – Alaska is among the top cruise destinations for 2008, due to its natural beauty and wildlife.
2. Argentina – Offers the most for your dollar this year. Buenos Aires has boutique hotels, great shopping, lovely architecture and fine cuisine.
3. Australia – The latest travel trend shows more mature travelers opting for longer stays in more exotic and faraway locations.
4. Canada – Québec City celebrates its 400th anniversary on July 3. The city is known for its festivals, outdoor activities, history and culture. A touch of France in North America.
5. China - Hosting the Beijing Summer Olympics Games, August 8 – 24.
6. France – 2008 marks the 150th anniversary of the appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary to the French peasant girl, Bernadette Soubirous, at Lourdes.
7. Hawaii – A top honeymoon destination due to its miles of sandy beaches, romantic sunsets, sland weather, outdoor activities and beautiful scenery.
8. India – With the declining population of Bengal tigers, now is the time to see them. The Taj Mahal is one of the greatest wonders of our world.
9. U.S. Virgin Islands – St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas are family vacation destinations featuring water sports, white sand beaches and adventure activities.
10. Vietnam – An affordable premier golf destination with a tropical climate.
Fairmont Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City
Photo by Sue Frause