Friday, February 22, 2008
Top 10 Unique Getaways : Alberta has one
Here are HomeAway.com's Top 10 Unique Getaways.
Many of them take alternative accommodations way outside the box, while the more traditional vacation rentals provide a unique travel experience not found in hotels.
1. Shell House, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
2. Tipi Tatonka, Alberta, Canada
3. Yurt, Santa Barbara, California
4. White Elephant Floating Inn, Boston, Massachusetts
5. Sand Castle, Ixtapa, Mexico
6. Eclectic Igloo, Litchfield, Connecticut
7. Redwood Tree House, Healdsburg, California
8. Railroad Car, Livingston, Montana
9. Onion House, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
10. Playa Selva Tree House, Mal Pais, Costa Rica
For details on each property, go to HomeAway.com.
Photo: Tipi Tatonka in Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta
It's what many Vancouver BC bound travelers have been waiting for! With Amtrak Cascades service between Seattle and Vancouver suspended...
©SueFrausePhoto Victoria BC's Fairmont Empress is reopening its signature restaurant, Q at the Empress, for dinner service beginning Oc...
BC FERRIES AND FIRST PEOPLES' CULTURAL COUNCIL REVEAL COAST SALISH ARTWORK FOR NEWEST SALISH CLASS FERRYArtist Maynard Johnny Jr. with his Coast Salish artwork BC Ferries and the First Peoples' Cultural Council have revealed the design fo...
Heart-shaped kelp on Vargas Island off Vancouver Island Photo by Sue Frause