Friday, February 22, 2008
Top 10 Unique Getaways : Alberta has one
Here are HomeAway.com's Top 10 Unique Getaways.
Many of them take alternative accommodations way outside the box, while the more traditional vacation rentals provide a unique travel experience not found in hotels.
1. Shell House, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
2. Tipi Tatonka, Alberta, Canada
3. Yurt, Santa Barbara, California
4. White Elephant Floating Inn, Boston, Massachusetts
5. Sand Castle, Ixtapa, Mexico
6. Eclectic Igloo, Litchfield, Connecticut
7. Redwood Tree House, Healdsburg, California
8. Railroad Car, Livingston, Montana
9. Onion House, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
10. Playa Selva Tree House, Mal Pais, Costa Rica
For details on each property, go to HomeAway.com.
Photo: Tipi Tatonka in Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta
BC FERRIES AND FIRST PEOPLES' CULTURAL COUNCIL REVEAL COAST SALISH ARTWORK FOR NEWEST SALISH CLASS FERRY
Artist Maynard Johnny Jr. with his Coast Salish artwork BC Ferries and the First Peoples' Cultural Council have revealed the design fo...
Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. Photo by Sue Frause. I just watched a Canadian politician on CBC say the word process at least a ...
Walk-on passengers board the MV Chelan in Sidney, BC. ©SueFrausePhoto If you're planning on taking a ferry between Anacortes and Si...
If you're curious as to what happens behind the scenes at The Butchart Gardens , put Victoria BC on your destination list this autumn...