Top Ten Best New Restaurants in Canada 2010
|Charcut Roast Huse in Calgary. Sue Frause photo.|
enRoute magazine and contributing food writer, Sarah Musgrave, toured the nation for its ninth annual survey. To qualify, the winning restaurants had to have opened between the summers of 2009 and 2010.
The number one resto? Haisai in Singhampton, Ontario. "Dinner here is a fairy tale, the kind with a very happy ending." (Sarah Musgrave)
Sad to say I've only been to one of the top ten, and it was a highlight during a summer culinary road trip in Alberta with Chef Ned Bell: Charcut Roast House in Calgary. I'm hoping to experience the three restos in BC during the coming year, since they're just up the road (as the seagull flies). BonAppetit!
- 1. Haisai, Singhampton, Ontario
- 2. Bao Bei, Vancouver
- 3. Cava, Montreal
- 4. Local Kitchen & Wine Bar, Toronto
- 5. Stone Soup Inn, Cowichan Valley, BC
- 6. Charcut Roast House, Calgary
- 7. Quatrefoil Restaurant, Dundas, Ontario
- 8. EdGe, Sooke, BC
- 9. Buca, Toronto
- 10. Le Quartier General, Montreal