If you're a resident of British Columbia, the lovely Wedgewood Hotel & Spa in downtown Vancouver has a spring gift for you: a special BC Resident Rate of $159 per night double occupancy, now through Easter Monday (April 9, 2012). The offer includes:
- Luxurious accommodation in category of your choice
- Complimentary valet parking
- Complimentary European Continental Breakfast in Bacchus Restaurant
- 10% off dinner menu in Bacchus Restaurant
Reservations must be made directly with the hotel. Call 604.689.7777 or 800.663.0666. Or book online at www.wedgewoodhotel.com and enter promo code: BCRES. Here are some spring events in the city. Check Tourism Vancouver's website for other calendar items:
- Hockey: Home games of the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on March 28, 30, 31 and April 3 and 7.
- The Wizard of Oz: Watch this classic movie with the original score performed live by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra on April 2 at the Orpheum Theatre.
- Easter in the Park: Take a ride on the Stanley Park Miniature Train, go on an Easter Egg Hunt, meet Easter bunny and watch the Easter Chick and Puppet Shows. April 6-9.
- The Great A-Mazing Egg Hunt: Meet Mr. E. Bunny at the VanDusen Botanical Garden, plus take part in crafts and hunt for eggs in and around the maze. April 6.
- Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence: Paintings and drawings of the forest in the 1930s and early 1940s at the Vancouver Art Galley through Sept. 9, 2012.