|Whistler Village is ready for winter. Sue Frause photo.|
Whistler Blackcomb's official opening day for this year's ski season is November 22, 2012 (American Thanksgiving). With last winter's accumulation of snowfall making for a good season (1,389 centimeters or 45.6 feet of snow), and snow falling this year since early October, there are high hopes for a repeat performance. During the past decade, Whistler Blackcomb has received an average of 1,192 centimeters, or 39.1 feet of snow.
|Keeping in touch in Whistler Village. Photo by Sue Frause.|
- 10% savings on all suites at both hotels
- Complimentary valet parking
- $50 gift voucher for Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub
- Homemade pumpkin pie in suite
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola opens for winter sightseeing
- Free evening firework displays
- FIBT Bobsleigh & Skeleton World Cup Nov. 23-24 at Whistler Sliding Centre
- Bizarre Bazaar Nov. 24-25 for hand-made arts, crafts, decorations and gifts
- David Myles and Ali Milner performing at Millennium Place Nov. 24.
|Tourism Whistler has a full calendar of winter events. Photo by Sue Frause.|