Quebec's Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac to Reveal $70 Million Makeover
|Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac on a summer night. Photo by Sue Frause.|
|Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac rises high above Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.|
Photo by Sue Frause.
|Sunrise on the St. Lawrence River from the Fairmont Le Chateau Frotenac. Photo by Sue Frause.|
- Transformation of the main lobby.
- Renovation of the hotel's 611 guestrooms. Of those, 354 will have a more contemporary design, while the other 257 will offer a classic Chateau style.
- Construction of a new floor of Fairmont Gold rooms, increasing the number from 46 to 60. The Gold Lounge will also be expanded.
- Addition of a luxury spa and expansion/renovation of the health club.
- A reinvented Champlain restaurant.
- Opening of the new 1608 Wine & Cheese Bar, featuring 250+ local cheeses and an expansive wine menu.
- Le Sam, a newly created bistro-style restaurant.
- Continuation of masonry and roof replacement work.