|Washington State Ferries in Sidney, BC with Mt. Baker in the background. Photo by Sue Frause.|
On Sunday, April 6, WSF's spring schedule goes into effect and the international sailings between the US and Canada will include one round-trip sailing per day (the summer schedule begins June 15 and includes two round-trip sailings per day).
In addition to the return of the Anacortes-Sidney route, additional changes go into effect on April 6 with WSF's spring schedule :
- Weekend inter-island service in the San Juan Islands
- Three boats serving the Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth route on Saturdays and Sundays
- Four mid-afternoon sailings on the Port Townsend/Coupeville route will leave 15 minutes earlier to better match the schedule of the second ferry. It will join the route on Mother's Day, May 11.
- The last sailing departing Coupeville leaves 5 minutes earlier, at 9:10 PM
- New this year are round-trip tickets available between the San Juan Islands and Sidney, BC
|Passengers boarding Washington State Ferries M/V Chelan in Sidney, BC. Photo by Sue Frause.|