Friday, July 10, 2009
Canada's top ten biking spots
The Canada Tourism Commission recently came out with its top ten biking spots. How many have you pedaled?
1. Prince Edward Island - Don't bring your bike, PEI has more than 25 bike rental shops
2. La Route verte - A 4,000 km network of trails crisscrossing Quebec, the most extensive in North America
3. Saskatchewan - Really? Try Highway 56 that winds through the lush Qu'Appelle Valley
4. Kettle Valley Rail Trail - BC's long-abandoned right of way (includes tunnels/bridges)
5. Cabot Trail - Fishing villages, beaches, rolling green hills and even whales in Nova Scotia
6. Capital Pathway - A network of loops and dedicated cycling trails in Ottawa
7. Bike Train - Ride the rails in Ontario with Via Rail
8. Boreale Mountain Biking - Serious biking! Stay in yurts near Whitehorse in the Yukon
9. Riding Mountain National Park - Pedal with moose, elk and black bears in Manitoba
10. Kananaskis Country - For fat-tire aficionados who love Alberta's Rocky Mountains
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks on Vancouver Island
Photo by Sue Frause
Beautiful views of British Columbia aboard Amtrak Cascades from Everett, WA to Vancouver, BC. The last time I visited Canada was in the sum...
©SueFrausePhoto Victoria BC's Fairmont Empress is reopening its signature restaurant, Q at the Empress, for dinner service beginning Oc...
BC FERRIES AND FIRST PEOPLES' CULTURAL COUNCIL REVEAL COAST SALISH ARTWORK FOR NEWEST SALISH CLASS FERRYArtist Maynard Johnny Jr. with his Coast Salish artwork BC Ferries and the First Peoples' Cultural Council have revealed the design fo...
Heart-shaped kelp on Vargas Island off Vancouver Island Photo by Sue Frause