Friday, July 10, 2009
Canada's top ten biking spots
The Canada Tourism Commission recently came out with its top ten biking spots. How many have you pedaled?
1. Prince Edward Island - Don't bring your bike, PEI has more than 25 bike rental shops
2. La Route verte - A 4,000 km network of trails crisscrossing Quebec, the most extensive in North America
3. Saskatchewan - Really? Try Highway 56 that winds through the lush Qu'Appelle Valley
4. Kettle Valley Rail Trail - BC's long-abandoned right of way (includes tunnels/bridges)
5. Cabot Trail - Fishing villages, beaches, rolling green hills and even whales in Nova Scotia
6. Capital Pathway - A network of loops and dedicated cycling trails in Ottawa
7. Bike Train - Ride the rails in Ontario with Via Rail
8. Boreale Mountain Biking - Serious biking! Stay in yurts near Whitehorse in the Yukon
9. Riding Mountain National Park - Pedal with moose, elk and black bears in Manitoba
10. Kananaskis Country - For fat-tire aficionados who love Alberta's Rocky Mountains
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks on Vancouver Island
Photo by Sue Frause
BC Ferries sixth Island Class ferry, pictured above departing Damen Shipyards Galati in Romania on October 11, is on its way to British Col...
Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. Photo by Sue Frause. I just watched a Canadian politician on CBC say the word process at least a ...
Nk'Mip Resort in British Columbia Photo by Sue Frause It's easy to bypass a town when you're on the way to somewhere else. ...
If you're curious as to what happens behind the scenes at The Butchart Gardens , put Victoria BC on your destination list this autumn...