Friday, July 10, 2009
Canada's top ten biking spots
The Canada Tourism Commission recently came out with its top ten biking spots. How many have you pedaled?
1. Prince Edward Island - Don't bring your bike, PEI has more than 25 bike rental shops
2. La Route verte - A 4,000 km network of trails crisscrossing Quebec, the most extensive in North America
3. Saskatchewan - Really? Try Highway 56 that winds through the lush Qu'Appelle Valley
4. Kettle Valley Rail Trail - BC's long-abandoned right of way (includes tunnels/bridges)
5. Cabot Trail - Fishing villages, beaches, rolling green hills and even whales in Nova Scotia
6. Capital Pathway - A network of loops and dedicated cycling trails in Ottawa
7. Bike Train - Ride the rails in Ontario with Via Rail
8. Boreale Mountain Biking - Serious biking! Stay in yurts near Whitehorse in the Yukon
9. Riding Mountain National Park - Pedal with moose, elk and black bears in Manitoba
10. Kananaskis Country - For fat-tire aficionados who love Alberta's Rocky Mountains
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks on Vancouver Island
Photo by Sue Frause
So many places I want to visit in Canada, especially since the US/Canada border has been closed since March of 2020 -- and with no end in si...
Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. Photo by Sue Frause. I just watched a Canadian politician on CBC say the word process at least a ...
Nk'Mip Resort in British Columbia Photo by Sue Frause It's easy to bypass a town when you're on the way to somewhere else. ...
goodreads.com photo If you're a fervid fan of author Margaret Atwood , come springtime you'll have an opportunity to go out t...