Friday, July 10, 2009
Canada's top ten biking spots
The Canada Tourism Commission recently came out with its top ten biking spots. How many have you pedaled?
1. Prince Edward Island - Don't bring your bike, PEI has more than 25 bike rental shops
2. La Route verte - A 4,000 km network of trails crisscrossing Quebec, the most extensive in North America
3. Saskatchewan - Really? Try Highway 56 that winds through the lush Qu'Appelle Valley
4. Kettle Valley Rail Trail - BC's long-abandoned right of way (includes tunnels/bridges)
5. Cabot Trail - Fishing villages, beaches, rolling green hills and even whales in Nova Scotia
6. Capital Pathway - A network of loops and dedicated cycling trails in Ottawa
7. Bike Train - Ride the rails in Ontario with Via Rail
8. Boreale Mountain Biking - Serious biking! Stay in yurts near Whitehorse in the Yukon
9. Riding Mountain National Park - Pedal with moose, elk and black bears in Manitoba
10. Kananaskis Country - For fat-tire aficionados who love Alberta's Rocky Mountains
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks on Vancouver Island
Photo by Sue Frause
British Columbia's Parliament Buildings ©SueFrausePhoto Just in time for the spooky season (aka Halloween), Tourism Victoria has put tog...
Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. Photo by Sue Frause. I just watched a Canadian politician on CBC say the word process at least a ...
I just tweeted: Reading the Sunday New York Times in New York on a Sunday is a good thing. Yes, I'm in New York City, wrapping up a fiv...
Sunset at JFK International Airport. Photo by Sue Frause. HALIFAX - This isn't my first Canadian train adventure. I'd taken th...