If you're not familiar with the sport called SUP, it's making a big splash among water sports folks. SUP, or Stand Up Paddleboard, even has its own magazine. And British Columbia's Sunshine Coast, a natural spot for SUP, is hosting the First Annual Sunshine Coast Paddle Board Festival on Sunday, July 24 at Porpoise Bay Provincial Park in Sechelt.
Alpha Adventures is sponsoring the one-day event that includes SUP demos, clinics and two races. Representatives from Naish and Amundson paddleboards will be on site for people interested in this unique water workout.sport.
- 9:00 AM - Festival Begins
- 9:30 AM- SUP Fitness Clinic
- 10:00 AM - Basic Paddle Strokes Clinic
- 11:00 AM - Advanced Paddle Strokes Clinic
- 1:30 PM - Short Course Race - Kids HULA lesson
- 2:30 PM - Long Course Race
- 3:45 PM - Awards Ceremony and Prize Draw
- 4:00 PM - Festival Ends
Pictured Above: Sunshine on the water at Halfmoon Bay on BC's Sunshine Coast
Photo by Sue Frause
Kayaking with Alpha Adventures' Jamie Mani - Sechelt Inlet - Sue Frause Photos