Canada's Best New Restaurants 2015 via Air Canada's enRoute magazine
|Bar in Montreal. Photo by Sue Frause.|
Each year when when Air Canada's enRoute magazine announces the winners of Canada's Best New Restaurants, my list grows longer. Too many restos, too little time. This year's list contains ten more that I need to experience. Luckily, two of them are fairly near me, just across the border in British Columbia.
This year's top ten hail from British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador.
So how are they selected? One writer visited 30 nominated restaurants across Canada selected by a panel of food professionals ("expert regional scouts"). Restaurants that opened between late spring 2014 and June 2015 were eligible. Air Canada's enRoute writer visited them all anonymously and the meals were paid for. Here are the winners!
1. Pigeonhole: CALGARY | 306 17TH AVE. S.W. | 403-452-4694
2. Port City Royal: SAINT JOHN | 45 GRANNAN ST. | 506-631-3714
3. Pilgrimme: GALIANO ISLAND, BC | 2806 MONTAGUE RD. | 250-539-5392
4. Dailo: TORONTO | 503 COLLEGE ST. | 647-341-8882 |
5. Bar raval: TORONTO | 505 COLLEGE ST.
6. Annalena: VANCOUVER | 1809 W. 1ST AVE. | 778-379-4052
7. ADELAIDE OYSTER HOUSE: ST-JOHN'S | 334 WATER ST. | 709-722-7222
8. yasu: TORONTO | 81 HARBORD ST. | 416-477-2361
9. Enoteca: WINNIPEG | 1670 CORYDON AVE. | 204-487-1529
10. SOIF: GATINEAU | 88, RUE MONTCALM | 819-600-7643
|Restaurant in Vancouver. Sue Frause Photo.|