Friday, February 22, 2008
Top 10 Unique Getaways : Alberta has one
Here are HomeAway.com's Top 10 Unique Getaways.
Many of them take alternative accommodations way outside the box, while the more traditional vacation rentals provide a unique travel experience not found in hotels.
1. Shell House, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
2. Tipi Tatonka, Alberta, Canada
3. Yurt, Santa Barbara, California
4. White Elephant Floating Inn, Boston, Massachusetts
5. Sand Castle, Ixtapa, Mexico
6. Eclectic Igloo, Litchfield, Connecticut
7. Redwood Tree House, Healdsburg, California
8. Railroad Car, Livingston, Montana
9. Onion House, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
10. Playa Selva Tree House, Mal Pais, Costa Rica
For details on each property, go to HomeAway.com.
Photo: Tipi Tatonka in Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta
Vancouver's Olympic Cauldron is located next to Canada Place and was built for the 2010 Winter Games. The cauldron is occasionally lit...
©SueFrausePhoto Victoria BC's Fairmont Empress is reopening its signature restaurant, Q at the Empress, for dinner service beginning Oc...
BC FERRIES AND FIRST PEOPLES' CULTURAL COUNCIL REVEAL COAST SALISH ARTWORK FOR NEWEST SALISH CLASS FERRYArtist Maynard Johnny Jr. with his Coast Salish artwork BC Ferries and the First Peoples' Cultural Council have revealed the design fo...
So many places I want to visit in Canada, especially since the US/Canada border has been closed since March of 2020 -- and with no end in si...