Friday, February 22, 2008
Top 10 Unique Getaways : Alberta has one
Here are HomeAway.com's Top 10 Unique Getaways.
Many of them take alternative accommodations way outside the box, while the more traditional vacation rentals provide a unique travel experience not found in hotels.
1. Shell House, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
2. Tipi Tatonka, Alberta, Canada
3. Yurt, Santa Barbara, California
4. White Elephant Floating Inn, Boston, Massachusetts
5. Sand Castle, Ixtapa, Mexico
6. Eclectic Igloo, Litchfield, Connecticut
7. Redwood Tree House, Healdsburg, California
8. Railroad Car, Livingston, Montana
9. Onion House, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
10. Playa Selva Tree House, Mal Pais, Costa Rica
For details on each property, go to HomeAway.com.
Photo: Tipi Tatonka in Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta
British Columbia's Parliament Buildings ©SueFrausePhoto Just in time for the spooky season (aka Halloween), Tourism Victoria has put tog...
Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. Photo by Sue Frause. I just watched a Canadian politician on CBC say the word process at least a ...
I just tweeted: Reading the Sunday New York Times in New York on a Sunday is a good thing. Yes, I'm in New York City, wrapping up a fiv...
Sunset at JFK International Airport. Photo by Sue Frause. HALIFAX - This isn't my first Canadian train adventure. I'd taken th...