Saturday, November 20, 2010
Johnny Reid in concert at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
If you're a Johnny Reid fan, the popular Scottish-born country music singer will be performing in Quebec City this month. Living in Canada since 1988, Reid attended Bishop's University in Sherwood, Quebec.
In 2008, he was nominated for a Juno Award and was named Male Artist of the Year (2008 and 2009) by the Canadian Country Music Association.
The singer, whose new album A Place Called Love was released on EMI in Canada this year (2011 for the US), is in concert on Friday, Nov. 26 at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Ballroom.
The hotel high above the St. Lawrence River is offering a Johnny Reid Package for the concert:
* Accommodation in a Fairmont room (rates start at $189)
* Access to Johnny Reid performance in the Ballroom
* Full buffet breakfast at the Café de la Terrasse
* Welcome amenity upon arrival
* Access to the hotel's indoor pool
If you live in Toronto, Fairmont and Porter Airlines are offering a Johnny Reid VIP Package of music and romance from Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28. It includes:
* Access to a live performance by Johnny Reid in the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac Ballroom on Friday, Nov. 26 at 8 PM. There will also be an opportunity to meet the singer.
* Round-trip flight from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to Québec City with Porter Airlines
* Two nights’ accommodation at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
* Breakfast for two each morning of your stay
* A CD prize pack
Johnny Reid VIP Package Rates: $999 per person (single occupancy) or $1,599 per couple (double occupancy)
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City
Photo by Sue Frause
British Columbia's Parliament Buildings ©SueFrausePhoto Just in time for the spooky season (aka Halloween), Tourism Victoria has put tog...
Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. Photo by Sue Frause. I just watched a Canadian politician on CBC say the word process at least a ...
I just tweeted: Reading the Sunday New York Times in New York on a Sunday is a good thing. Yes, I'm in New York City, wrapping up a fiv...
Sunset at JFK International Airport. Photo by Sue Frause. HALIFAX - This isn't my first Canadian train adventure. I'd taken th...