So sorry I'm not a BC resident! YVR (Vancouver International Airport) is celebrating its 80th anniversary in a very big way. They're holding a contest to select the perfect person to live at YVR for 80 days and share his/her stories with the world. Wow. Live, sleep, eat and shop for 80 days in a row!
The winner's stories, videos and photos will be posted on the Live@YRV online channel. During your 80 days, you'll receive hotel accomodation at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, camera, editing equipment and have access to all the people and places that make YVR tick. Even behind the scene stuff. The job includes interviewing people, producing, directing, reporting, editing and doing the post-production of all the online stories. Here are the requirements:
How to submit your audition video for Live@YVR, which must follow these guidelines:
- Be at least 19 years of age by 8/17/11
- Be a resident of British Columbia
- Be the sole producer, videographer and editor of the video submission
- Be willing and able to live at YVR for 80 consecutive days from 8/17-11/4, 2011
- Be available for up to three (3) das of orientation and briefings from 8/15-17, 2011
- Be generally awesome
- Tells the story of a person, place or event in the community
- Is a maximum length of three (3) minutes
- Is shot and edited solely by you
- Shows us your interview skills
- Includes some footage of you on camera
- Is accompanied by a text description, to be entered on the contest entry form, in 100 words or less, that describes the video and answers the question “Why do you think you should be the Live@YVR Storyteller?”
- Is in English
Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and Fairmont Vancouver Airport from HeliJet
Photo by Sue Frause
80 days! I think I'd go bonkers.
Yes, it's nearly three months, that's a long time for being sequestered. It definitely has to be a certain personality type that can (a) pack up and leave their current situation/family, etc. and (b) not suffer from airport-osis! I could do 30 days ... not sure about 80.
Post a Comment