Queen Victoria on Ottawa's Parliament Hill. Sue Frause photo.
The Royals are coming! The Royal TOur of Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and DUchess of Cambridge to Canada is June 30-July 8, 2011. And much of the country is all a Twitter (and on Facebook) about the visit by the couple formerly known as Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The official itinerary was announced on June 21, 2011 by the Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages. The nine-day tour includes Ottawa, the National Capital Region; Quebec (Montreal and Quebec City); Prince Edward Island (Charlottetown and Summerside); Northwest Territories (Yellowknife); and Alberta (Calgary).
2011 Royal Tour Highlights
- Canada Day Noon Show on Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Ontario (July 1)
- Freedom of the City ceremony with the Royal 22nd Regiment in Quebec City (July 3)
- Search and rescue demonstration in Summerside, Prince Edward Island (July 4)
- Event with Canadian Rangers in Blachford, Northwest Territories (July 5)
- Official launch of the Calgary Stampede Parade in Calgary, Alberta (July 8)
For full details, including where the public can see the Royal Couple, visit the 2011 Royal Tour website. And follow the Royal Tour with my friend Julie Ovenell-Carter of Vancouver, a fellow writer who is the official blogger during the Royal Couple's trip to Canada. It's simply called Royally Curious.
|'Roundup' bronze sculpture by artist Linda Stewart at the Calgary Stampede. Sue Frause photo.|
All photos are looks great! That places where I want to visit. :)
Post a Comment