|Scuba Claus. Photo courtesy Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre.|
Scuba Claus is back! And the newly expanded Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre is welcoming his annual holiday appearance as he does his daily dive in the Georgia Strait. Santa made his diving debut on November 27 and will continue diving through December 24.
The underwater Santa exhibition features colorful marine life found on BC's coastlines, which includes halibut, rockfish, sturgeon, crabs and sea stars. Other holidays highlights include:
- Electric eel-powered holiday tree, with lanterns that light up when an electric eel discharges a pulse
- Jelly swarm exhibit, featuring origami jellies beaming with colorful LED lights
- 4-D theatre film adventure of The Polar Express, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year
- Peter Clarkson's Marine-Debris Tree art installation, built with debris collected during this year's shoreline cleanup along the West Coast Trail
- Frozen Moments: Images of the Arctic photo exhibit, showcasing the Arctic as captured by five photographers: David McEown, Daisy Gilardini, Mark Robinson, Rob Stimpson, Nansen Weber
- Outdoor maze of decorated living trees
- Stories and crafts with Scuba Claus' elves
Holiday highlights at the Vancouver Aquarium run through January 4, 2015.
Post a Comment