|Washington State Ferries in Sidney, BC with Mt. Baker in the background. Photo by Sue Frause.
On Sunday, April 6, WSF's spring schedule goes into effect and the international sailings between the US and Canada will include one round-trip sailing per day (the summer schedule begins June 15 and includes two round-trip sailings per day).
In addition to the return of the Anacortes-Sidney route, additional changes go into effect on April 6 with WSF's spring schedule :
- Weekend inter-island service in the San Juan Islands
- Three boats serving the Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth route on Saturdays and Sundays
- Four mid-afternoon sailings on the Port Townsend/Coupeville route will leave 15 minutes earlier to better match the schedule of the second ferry. It will join the route on Mother's Day, May 11.
- The last sailing departing Coupeville leaves 5 minutes earlier, at 9:10 PM
- New this year are round-trip tickets available between the San Juan Islands and Sidney, BC
|Passengers boarding Washington State Ferries M/V Chelan in Sidney, BC. Photo by Sue Frause.